Wednesday, January 7, 2009

bread bowl and soup!

here's the delicous soup and bread bowl! i used the recipe from My Kitchen Cafe here on Blogger, and the soup was adapted from her Broccoli Cheese soup as well. http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2008/12/broccoli-cheese-soup.html
i changed the soup by sauteing shallots and garlic in butter first, then diced potato and carrots in the small sauce pan, then added the broth :) i also used at least 2 cups of cheese, including extrememly awesome sharp cheddar and aged provelone.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! I love your adaptations to the soup. I'm going to have to try the garlic and shallots next time and I bet the addition of potatoes was wonderful. Your pictures are great, too, by the way.

Madaline Jane said...

Looks good! I will have to try that recipe. Did the kids eat it okay?